Urgent Tomato Clown

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ezz1r, Dec 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Mr.Nemo hanging on

Hey guys the little bugger is hanging on ....LOL

I have him in a Hypobaric Chamber getting his meds Melafix for the next seven days.... He isn't eating yet but we hope he will start soon.

Thanks to all for the help and advise....

E

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Friend's:

Today i returned my bugger back to the DT tank and she seems to be cured from the fink rot symptoms using the suggestion you all provided to treat with Melafix for a week.

However i have not seen her eating yet and her spinal area still seems to be sunken in very noticeable on the actual stripe in the picture. My question is could there be another possible ongoing problem prevalent in this species ?

Any feed back would be welcome and thanks again to all of you for the continued support during my learning curve.....

E

Attached Files:

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What are you trying to feed her/him?

Just speculating but it does appear to be a nutritional problem, possibly related to internal parasites. And prehaps the medication affected the appetite. Just speculation though.

On another note, some captive breed clowns do have congenital abnormalities that become more pronounced as they get older. When you are cross breeding clowns over and over you are going to end up with some problems with inbreeding.

You may want to try some live food if all else fails, but the clown looks better.

5. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Ty Corailline and yes she does look better i agree. In reference to what i have tried to feed her here is a list: Flakes, Pellets , Brine shrimp and Blood Worms nothing seems to entice her into eating.

As far as the breeding aspect of your feedback i agree my mom had a similar situation when she breed love birds and all types of abnormalities would eventually arise

TY

E

6. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

Although he seems to be doing well still not eating. I have done exhaustive research on the possibility of diseases to no avail.

I was wondering has anyone seen anything like this during their Internet travels? It seems he is starving although it has gone on for sometime now.

I'm sure he is getting some sort of nutrients but not sure. The only give away that he is ill is his sunk in spine most noticeable behind his eye in the pics i provided.

just curious

TY

E

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I imagine he is eating pods.

I do not know if you tried any live foods, but sometimes they are more responsive. If they will take live foods you can mix some of the food you want it to eat and it might convert. Clownfish love cyclops and mysis if you have not tried those. Silly clownfish.

8. Click Here!

9. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

After following the thread answered below and further analysis aka Large Magnifying glass it seems that my clown is suffering from Marine Ich and or Hexatia i believe.

I have re-quarantined him and again started the Melafix treatment once again. My question is will the Melafix treatment also be good for the treatment of Hexatia which i believe mentioned a copper element? If not is there any quick home made concoction i can put together to treat the Hexatia given the holiday weekend?

At this rate i might just take up a Marine Biology degree ....LOL

Once again Thank you for the feedback

http://www.3reef.com/forums/fish-disease/what-does-my-clownfish-have-100957.html

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  10. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Well headed out to my LFS again and picked up a spare bottle of Organic Marine Ich ill keep you posted over the next week ....keep your fingers X

Thanks to All for the help

E