Urgent Tomato Clown

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ezz1r, Dec 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

Friends over the last week or so i have noticed my female Tomato Clown has not been feeding well and today my daughter noticed the dorsal fin, tail and pectoral fins are fraid like a rope. In addition above the gill cover seems to be sunken. It seems to me that she is starving herself for some odd reason.

I thought it was possible that due to moving all of the small tank companions to my newer tank she was feeling lonely so i moved both over to the bigger tank gallon tank.

However now I'm thinking it maybe a disease ! :-/ i had my H20 parameter's checked @ my LFS and a 50 percent WC.

any suggestions would be welcome

TY

E

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Her tail looks chewed up. Anyone chasing her around?

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Try some Melafix, and any quality food with garlic or selcon or equiv. I would try to do that within the next 24 hours. A fish with nutritional problems may development secondary bacterial infections of the fins that is what the Melfix is for.

Good Luck.

5. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Magnus i have not noticed any bullying but i did have this issue in my 29ga caused by the peppermint shrimp which is now in the 39 ga tank as well. I will be double checking it though.

I'm in the process of building out a 90ga and in the interim i decided to place all my fish in the 39ga (rookie mistake bio load ) when i first added them the tomato clowns no fighting in the tank not so sure now after what you mentioned. She was not however eating in my smaller 29ga tank either though not sure what it maybe..

TY magnus

E

6. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Ty Corailline i wish i had asked earlier today since i went to the LFS but will be buying it ASAP tomorrow.

TY Guys

E

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

OK, I still think that somebody was really getting to bite her read end, for the pictures. If you still have a chance to go to the LFS and get you some garlic additive and the melafix! If she's not eating, the garlic will make her interested. If she's not interested, I would keep a very close eye on her to see if another fish is being mean.

I do think Coralline's advice is as sound as it gets and this should be your priority if you can make it to the store on time.

- Mag.

8. Click Here!

9. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

TY Magnus headed to Petco ....

E

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

They should definitely have these products/additives there.
    Good luck, and let us know if she eats. :)

11. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Clown on his last fin.....

Guys i just added the melafix but she does not look good " sorry little bugger " seems like i failed ya.... :cry:

It will be a long night ....

E

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

We're with ya, bud! Start soaking some food in the garlic extract if you found it, and feed her that. Let us know if she takes it. Good luck, man! there's almost always a shot at recovery.