toadstool still not open, please help! grr

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

So month or so later, still no response from my toadstool even with a new led. Still a few polyps will poke their heads out occasionally, but nothing. It is not deteriorating. It has closed up more, as you can see int he pic. My torch, acanestra, encrusting monti, monti, sympodium, gsp, mushrooms, dendro, are all doing great. But the toadstool just will not open. Any ideas? Should i take it out and dip it in coral rx? I have tried high light, mid light, low light, high flow, low flow, and everything in between. It will just not open. I would say its my params if all the other corals were having problems 2 but they are all doing great!

help!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

How much flow is it getting. They seem to like high flow.

4. Toallhisdoom

i had my 550 ph pointed right at it at one point. no response from that either. haha

should i just give up and get a new one?

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I have no idea I have never kept one. If it is not deteriorating I would wait it out.

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I dip my green toadstool in a 50/50 hydrogen peroxide tank water mix for 1 minute. It opens back up in a couple days.

7. Toallhisdoom

ohhhh ok. ill try that! thanks anem! how much worse can it get right? i mean its already ugly as heck staying closed all the time. haha

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

That's the problem-- you keep changing everything instead of allowing it to acclimate. Mine took over a month to open without being bothered once it was placed. Oh, and yes- I had added other corals as well; some only took a few hours, and others, a few days. Only the toadstool took that long to adjust, but it's been perfectly fine since. :)

10. Toallhisdoom

ive moved it like 3 times. over 2 months.

11. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Give it time. My toadstool has gone for 8+ weeks without opening, I was thinking the same thing "get rid of it?", I was told to wait, so I did and when it opened up it grew from a small 6" toadstool to a toadstool that was almost 16" across in about a year. Just be patient.

12. Toallhisdoom

moved him down to the sand bed, and a few hours later a few polyps had popped out. This morning there were a lot more! so hopefully once he gets used to it he will fully open! i am excited now!