Tiny blister

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by kiarah, Mar 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi all,

I added two new fish to my tank, a clown a new partner for my old clown! & a bi-coloured blenni.

About 5 days after adding my two new fish my old clown that i have had for over a year has developed a tiny white blister on his side near his head.My hubby thought it could be white spot but im not convinced as he only has one blister & it looks a little larger then the white spot spots i have seen in my books.

The clown is feeding well & seems healthy so what do you think? It could be white spot i guess because my old clown was a little cheesed off that he had a new partherbut that only lasted for the 1st hour they were together & now they are best buddys!

Thanks K

P.S anyone got a good picture of white spot just so i can make sure its not that?

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

4. kiarah

Thanks steve! the clown now seems spot free but just notice my powder blue tang has 3 white spots & my yellow tang has 2! They both seem very happy & feeding very well.

I no garlic helps them recover so do you have any good recipes i can make to help them build up the immune systems?

Also my cleaner shrimp 'stripe' is all over them two! & the good thing is they go to him & they are more then willing to let him clean them..........he even cleans out there mouths!

There is no medical treatments i can use is there?

Thanks K x

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

There are some reef safe meds Kiarah, but I have no experience of them to be honest
    I have seen mixed reviews/ opinions as to the effectiveness of some of them on this site
    so they could be a waste of your money

a healthy fish can fight of these parasitic attacks
    something like Selcon added to food stuffs
    Reef Aquarium Fish Foods & Vitamins: Selcon

vitamins and highly unsaturated fatty acids (Hufa;s) is a product that I often see on this site being recomended for helping fish fight of parasitic infections

Steve

1 person likes this.
  6. kiarah

Lovely thanks for your help again!

K x