Time To Redo The Plumbing

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Area 51 Exotics, Jul 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

Well I realized I was running out of room under my stand and there was no way I was going to be able to fit the second pump for my wave makers, a calcium reactor and an auto top off system under there as well so I decided it was time to rethink things. My tank is in my living room above my crawl space so I decided to hide everything and make the living room silent!

I started out with drilling a hole through the bottom of the stand, hardwood and floating floor. I had already shored up the beams under where my tank was in the living room so I decided to use that as the focal point of the rest of my plan. I built two mini decks creating a completely level area for everything to go on. Now everything will drop through the hole in the floor and then back up. The temperature in the crawl space is about ten degrees cooler that the rest of the house, hopefully taking some of the strain off of my chiller (and my wallet). This will provide me with very easy access to everything and almost infinite room for expansion and upgrades.

I finished the decks this afternoon and applied two coats of waterproof stain. I will do all of the plumbing / upgrades tomorrow morning when I get off work. I'll post some finished pictures tomorrow night.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      73.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      59.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Sweet! Infinite room!!!!!!! ;D

4. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Will you have easy access to the stuff to make any repairs or changes? I have all my stuff in the closet that has access to the bathroom makes it nice and convenient.

Attached Files:

5. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

There's tons of room for updates / repairs. Here's a quick shot of the work from today, one of the squids has a very slow leak I need to fix and I still have to set up the calcium reactor and do some electric work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005