Tiger Barb color faded

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by jperry031, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jperry031

jperry031 Plankton

On of my tiger barbs colors have started to fade, other than the gray cloudy color the fish is acting normal. I have a ten gallon tank with 4 barbs. All of other fish seem to be fine. I checked the nitrate, nitrite, ph, and water hardness levels and they are all fine. Does anyone have any idea why this happened or what i could do to fix it?

2. Click Here!

3. greebs

greebs Flamingo Tongue

well it might be of old age if that is the case. otherwise it might be the tank dimensions. if they are big and aggressive, it doesn't help to have them crowded together and constantly seeing eachother. if you could post some pictures of the tank, it would help alot.

4. Dalesh

Dalesh Plankton

Tiger barbs tend to fade in color as they mature

5. Betterboy4

Betterboy4 Astrea Snail

Well 'the colour fading depends on many factor. Although when ever my fish start to fade in colour I go out and buy some good quality pellets. If you ever have the choice between flakes and pellets always go for pellets they are always a lot higher in protein which will not only help their colour but it will dramatically improve the activity of your fish. It may also be a good idea to invest in getting some bloodworms or just ask the local fish what is best to do. It may just be a dodgy fish.