Thread Prefixes - Now in use on ID and ASAP boards

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Some of you already noticed a change I implemented last night and I would like to explain their use now.

THREAD PREFIXES:

The ASAP board and ID THIS board now have thread prefix options. These are flags that come before the thread title in the board indexes.

These flags/prefixes are:

[Resolved] [Urgent] [Unresolved]

These are to help 3reef members and mods see at a glance what threads still need help resolving issues or IDs.

WHEN TO USE:

• Please use the 'Resolved' prefix when your issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
    • Please DO NOT use 'Urgent' unless you have livestock about to die. All threads in ASAP should be urgent after all.
    • If a thread is days old and there is still not a good ID or solution to your problem, then you may change to 'Unresolved.' There is obviously no need to use this on a new thread.
    • DO NOT USE THESE OPTIONS ON A NEW THREAD. Unless you have an 'urgent' issue as stated above.

HOW TO USE:

If you are the original poster of the thread or a mod, go to 'thread tools' pulldown above the 1st post and select 'edit threads' - there you will see prefix options next to the title box.

This is a new deal here, so we will refine as needed. Please post suggestions for improvements here. I hope this feature proves to be beneficial and another improvement for 3reef.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

FYI - I forsee this being used by mods mostly to help organize threads. Also, you may now sort threads by prefix options at the bottom of the index pages.

If your thread is now RESOLVED and you can't edit it due to time constrictions, please let us know and we can change it. We may need to change edit time windows to handle prefixes better.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

ALSO PLEASE NOTE - when changing a thread to 'Resolved,' please update TAGS at bottom of thread with appropriate tags that reflect the ID or solution. 3reef tagging clouds will be enhanced to better navigate per board soon.