those new fangled led's

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by liegeofinveracity, Jun 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    how much are those lighting systems?

i watched a video and the bells and whistles are pretty sweet,mindnumbingly cool actually, the whole setting it for a yearly cycle thing with storms and cloud cover and all that,what if you could program your wave maker and the light system for storms and calm days,overcast and even rainy days,you could put your automatic top off in the loop and simulate heavy rain by dropping your salinity a tad,
    all this is probably overboard and the benefits questionable but what the hell,we put people moon right?
    you could even set up daily events just like can't miss t.v.::)

2. Click Here!

3. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Super duper expensive!
    Cool ideas tho

4. liegeofinveracity

whats super duper expensive? couple 3 grand? (out of my league)

5. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

Depends on the length of the tank. Typically for 48" they run 3-5k and for 72" they run from 5-7k. That's just a general range since different places have them for different prices.

6. liegeofinveracity

wow! my buddies ragged on me relentlessly{they aren't golfers}for spending 400 on a cp setup, i don't think my selfesteem {or my wallet}could take the consequences of going led, oh well, maybe by next year the prices will be reasonable?:cry: