this is the skimmer the i made tell me what you think!!!!!!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by freyre, May 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i have aboute a pint of skimege is good is geetting alot of thingsi just wish i had e beter pump i will post pic soon

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

nice to hear its working well freyre. is it an insump skimmer?

4. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

Awesome awesome yeah get those pics going!

5. freyre

no is to big is out side so the pump have cary the water from the sump tu tha skimmer i just need a biger pump it works real good better that i intisapaited

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

thats great frey. was asking because wouldnt want the paint to mess up the tank by leaching. did i see a pic earlier of you using metal screw clamps on some plumbing inside your tank?

7. freyre

look at my skimesh, i have alot in just two days, now let me ask you all this... is this normal? is geting alot of crap out off my tank ... o and i think my next projet is going to be a denitrator ... you know, any one in here can do a skimmer for les them 30.00 dollars you just need a pump and alot of people have thos just laing a round.... injoy the pic tell me what you think...
    IM001015.jpg

IM001016.jpg

IM001017.jpg

IM001019.jpg

8. Click Here!

9. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

freyre, you can't really judge the performance of a skimmer on the first few days. You will have to wait for it to "settle down" and level off then you can tell. If you haven't been running a skimmer and the tank gets a build up of organic wastes, it won't matter what you put on the tank its going to produce skimmate simply because there is an overload in the system. Once it gets the system level back down then you can tell what kind of load the skimmer will be able to handle.

Let it run for a few weeks and then see how it performs for you.

On the denitrator, are you going to build a sulphur denitrator or a coil denitrator?

10. freyre

well i 'm going to bild a coil denitrator hope soon