Thinking of downgrading

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Bloodkip, Oct 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I have that same algae on my back glass. It hasn't spread too much, but it is difficult to remove..

2. Click Here!

3. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Go to reefcleaners and order the 50 gallon quick crew. They will go to town on your glass, rocks and probably clean up your sand pretty good. It's like 40 bucks shipped, you really can't beat that! Give it a couple weeks and see if you still have an issue. Also take the canister out :)

Reefcleaners was my hero for my tank. Such a better deal than any LFS can provide in my opinion.

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

+1 for reef cleaners. John will hook you up with a great clean up crew for your tank.

5. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

This is what I'm getting:
    86 Dwarf Cerith
    30 Florida Cerith
    41 Nassarius Vibex
    16 Nerite Snails (Large)
    11 Nerite Snails (Small - Medium)

6. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

I just ordered the 50g quick crew, some mangroves and a mixture of algae from John. This is to supplement all the snails picked off by tank life over the years. John is a great at customer service! Can't wait until the bags arrive.

7. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

184 snails

and no need for a re count like we had with the fish

awesome

Bloodkip - you wont remember Yaz but I follow her philosophy as far as reef tanks are concerned

The only way is up

Steve

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Do you have a magnetic glass cleaner, because that's all it appears you need. Every tank will have film algae to some extent on their glass, the magnetic cleaner just takes it right off.

11. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Yea I got one. I just can't reach the back of my tank. Will 184 snails clean up my tank? The cuc John made had 161 snails in it. I just added a few because I'm not getting limpets or chitons.

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Ok I have to say first john is great to deal with and I have ordered 4-5 times with all my tanks. I will say ive been algae free for along time. To stay on point though going from a 75 to 55 is not much difference. If your in front of the window your asking for trouble no matter what size. I think going down to a 40 is a huge step down as the 75 and 55 are simmular in chareristics other then the 55 is harder to scape.