Thinking about upgrading to 125; advice please!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Marshall O, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Again, please don't take anything personally! There were zero 180 gallon tanks within 75 miles of me as of yesterday. There was one setup with stand/canopy, no sump, no plumbing, flourescent lighting, and some freshwater accessories for $1400. There was one acrylic tank by itself 300 miles away for $450. There was one glass tank by itself for $500. And that was it :-/ So I quickly ruled out the 180.

I guess my only issue with your original posts were that I had already brought it home and then you were commenting on how I could have done better. Now, I would have been fine if you made suggestions before I had already brought it home ;)

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

lol...everybody hug and make up now?

4. Chris!

Chris! Banned

You kids kill me with this my wife said yes stuff.... Guess I still haven't let my balls get tucked away in a purse somewhere to be seldom remembered LOL

Marshall.... I am pretty sure I said to be patient before you said you brought the tank home. If not sorry, I sure as hell thought it. Anyways quit talking and get the camera out and prove that this thing was all you say it is :)

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

If you are married, I hope your wife doesn't see this :cheesy:

It was after, so that was the issue. No worries either way!

And fine! Here is a crappy cell phone pic, and its all you will get for now! Too much of a perfectionist to show anything more until it is done :)

[​IMG]

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

lol I get a 12ft DT in a couple years because i got my wife on board. And she does things like get me expensive rare fish and corals, so I keep her in the loop.

7. Chris!

Chris! Banned

Married with a kid and another on the way... She knew how I was before we even dated, I dated most of her friends before her. ;)

Tank looks good man, can barely tell its a shorty lol Is that one of those prefab stands or is it a nice hardwood like it kinda appears to be?

Thats cool, you have your style I have mine. I have plans to set up around 300-500g tank in the next couple years after we move out of state and get settled in.... because thats what I said I wanted to do and will do ;) I have told her about the plans and she is cool with it whatever I want so that doesn't hurt but I would go through with it either way. If she is gonna get her panties in a bunch over fish theres bigger problems then spending some green paper with dead dudes printed on it ;) Its really pretty simple tho, if the $ is there to buy it, and you want it buy it. Maybe I just get away with it because I'm not a ***** and tell her she can't buy whatever she wants either even if I know its not worth it (like her yukon I am losing thousands on trying to sell it despite not needing it in the 1st place but because I bought a tahoe she wanted one too) LOL

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Congrats on kid #2! Stand is hardwood except for the doors which are PB. It is quite beefy :)

10. Chris!

Chris! Banned

That's good for sure, a solid sturdy stand is very important. Being hardwood you should never have any problems with it. Inside sealed or do you plan to do that for a little added protection?

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nice Marshal, very nice.

Congrats

1 person likes this.
  12. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

It's not. I was not planning on it. The back side is open, so no real opportunity to hold any water.

Thanks Cheryl!