Thinking about taking my bubble to LFS

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

As the title states im thinking about taking my bubble coral to the LFS. I think its just getting too big for my tank, the bubbles themselves have been growing and the bubble coral itself is massive.

I dont know what i should do, i only have a little space on the sandbed for the bubble and my brain and because of that i have no room for any other sandbed corals. But at the same time ii love my bubble and its massivness

So what should i do, should i just leave it in my tank and just let it continue to become massive or see if the lfs will take it for store credit and get otehr corals?

heres some pics, and the color is a bit dulled out its more green in person

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

you should frag it and keep a small piece for yourself and give the rest to local fish stores for store credit to get more corals

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ive thought of that but its extremely hard to do and i think i read that if you frag it wrong it could kill the coral

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

A hammer and wood chisel and cut what you want, Just clean the chisel well and then soak to newly cut frags in some coral dip after they are cut ,

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

where exactly would i cut? would i cut the bubbles themselves? i know we have a hammer but not sure about a wood chisel

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

It's a coral! there's no such thing as too big for your tank! don't get rid of it..

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and i just measured it and its 8 inches long by 5 inches wide and the bubbles are really big like 2inches each

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i really dont want to, i like it a lot but its just soooo big it has grown so much since i got it a couple of months ago

11. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Frag and trade for credit or put frags for sale on CL. Its an easy way to either get things you need for your tank or make a little bit of money. You may also be able to trade frags with other reefers in a local reef club and get something new. I know there are plenty of reefers down your way.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hmmm i may have to get gutsy and try to frag, if i dont do something this thing is going to take over, its already starting to pour onto the rocks is there a video somewhere on how to frag this kind of coral