Thinking about my next tank.. A few questions

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by newguy420, May 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

I'm considering getting a new tank and wanted some advice and/or opinions on what I want to do. I fell in love with the size of a 110g at my lfs. its 48"w X 24"d X 30"h. I've been reading about starphire and acrylic etc and I'm wondering about having a "hybrid" tank made. I want starphire for the front and sides. and I want acrylic for the back and bottom. I think this would be the best of every world. weightwise, drillability for overflow etc, scratch resistant and better color quality. My question is, where can I find someone to do that for me? Has anyone had any experience with custom tanks that could offer recommendations? How do I go about even getting quotes? Thanks for all help..

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

as far as i know building a tank like that wouldnt be a good idea. The silcones used bond glass to glass, and acrylic to acrylic. This is just what I have heard by reading around. Maybe i miss read.

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

didnt you jusy buy one on ebay? thought thqats what your other post said.

5. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

He must have, this thread is older than the one about the ebay tank. I was just answering a post that didnt have any replies, didnt see his new post though.