Think i have Ich but not sure

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I tried taking a pic but it just kept on coming out blurry. I know ich is supposed to come in the form of bumbs, but my female black and white clownfish seems to have white lines throughout her body on her black coloring. Is ich able to form in this way? The female is also on the skinny side and i've been trying to get her weight up. I've only had the fish for 7 days. The male is perfectly fine and nothing wrong with him. I feed them frozen brine and mysis shrimp soaked in garlic, and fed twice a day.

I don't have a quaratine setup, so i can't move her there. I've heard that ich can come when being stressed in a new tank, and that they will be ok. My tank has also been having cooler temp than normal because my heater must be broken. The temp went from 81 during the day down to like 76.

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

white lines? i dont think thats ick..
    ick is more like um... salt grains that can be all over the fish. mouth, gills, fins, even eyes.
    they scratch in the sand, rock, glass.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's why i wasn't sure. I'm hoping all it is is scratches and that she will heal up fine

5. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

i hope so too. Good luck.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks at least this gives a little reassurance. With her being skinny i've been a bit paranoid with her health and just trying to get her weight up

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

As long as they are eating fine and the water is good they should be fine. Just make sure to feed them a good, varied diet.
    I agree it doesn't sound like ich. Can you get a picture?

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

water quality isin't perfect, ammonia is at .25 and nitrite 0.05 but i heard clownfish are hardy and that they should handel it fine. I was able to take two pics of her, you can kind of tell what i'm talking about. But it's pretty blurry and not real clear. But it will give you an idea. And she seems to be eating good, just a bit slower than the male because he scarfs everything up and is a pig

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so here are some pics they are HORRIBLE but you can at least get somewhat of an idea of what i'm talking about. I drew arrows to try to help you guys see what im talking about. Again i don't know if these pics will do any help because of the horrible quality but here you go.

Attached Files:

• 026.JPG
      026.JPG
      File size:
      96.3 KB
      Views:
    • 039.JPG
      039.JPG
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
  11. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's definitely not ich. It may just be scratches, but hard to tell. Don't let any food go uneaten and keep up with your WC's to keep the ammonia in check. Do you have nitrate readings above zero?

12. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

twice a day? wow i feed every other day