things out of control

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Sataly, May 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I saw dramatic improvement in my system while using an ATS,

2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

4. jeffp1

jeffp1 Plankton

I had the same issue a few month's ago that almost made me quit the hobby after 16 years. I tried the vodka dosing and ran a GFO Reactor and that solved my problem. After a couple of weeks my tank started turning around and is algae free now. Good Luck

5. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

are you running a sump? since going to a 30 gallon sump for my 90 gallon things have been very smooth going for me. also, bare tank/crushed coral/sand substrate?

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Or dont get a sea hare unless youre willing to take it back...

A sump would help for sure imo, the macro algae you will keep in there will starve anything else in ir DT.

What exactly are your parameters? As mentioned nutrients is the main algae fuel but you may be on to something when you mnetion sunlight. Is the tank really that close to the window?

7. vividgraphx

vividgraphx Plankton

try lowering the intensity of your light if possible, start adding Brightwell MB7, get a few emeralds, and stop adding stuff like reefroids or other similar products. that's what worked for me. I had it growing on my overflow and in patches throughout the tank. I tried raising my mag and almost lost and entire birdsnest, I wouldn't suggest that. It seemed like adding reefroids caused the stuff to bloom. I even had a red turf type of algae growing for a while. I was able to get it under control and now I only see it once in a while. I keep
    Brightwell MB7 on hand just in case.