They arrived!!!. And OMG THEY ARE AWESOME!!

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by elweshomayor, May 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Cool. How inconveniently does this work as far as doing water changes? lol

4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

lol good question.. ill just have to take the lights off the tank.. ( not that i wasnt doing that already in the past..)

ill just have to put them farther away to prevent any "accidental" damage that makes me upgrade again.. ;D

5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Hey this is the exact fixture I got. I do love those moonlight too. Doesnt it seem like alot of light for such a small number of LED's? I love displaying my tnak with the moonlights over the atinics and/or daylight. Doesnt it make the florescents glow? Almost makes me wish I had LED fixture.

Yes I have my atinics set to go off at 10:00 and my Moonlight to come on at this same time and shut off a 2:00

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yeah i thought it was a lot of light but who cares! lol my corals glow their mouth's/ derier off lol;D

i do too! its so cool;D

7. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

hey, I wasnt saying it as if it where a bad thing. Those lights are very impressive if you ask me.

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

I know :)
    ( sorry didn't mean to sound bad) it was more of me trying to agree with you hehe...

They are very impresive.. I've been staring at my tank since 10pm and now it's 12:25am and my LEDs just turned off.. Awww... Lol
    I love my frogspawn more than ever now!

10. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I leave my moonlights on all night. I think some of my smaller fish are afraid of the dark.;D No, on a more serious note when I first started reefing I would find fish missing the next day. I realized I had a stone crab that came out in the dark. I now have this beastly mantis shrimp that I'm afraid might go after some of my fish if it's total darkness. True story.

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

Wow I would probably be afraid of the dark too if there was a man eater ( this case fish eater) hiding in my closet.. ( this case the rocks lol)