TheSaltwaterGuy's 10 Gallon build (pics added)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Which fish would you get?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2011.
  1. Neon Goby (Blue)

52.6%
  2. Sharknose Goby (Blue and Yellow)

42.1%
  3. Neon Goby (Yellow)

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well with all the stuff coming up I've decided to get started on my nano, especially after the big leak with my POS biocube. Pics might come in a week or so; I need to do quite a few things to get this tank started. Thinking about keeping a few nano fish, mainly small gobies and a cleaner shrimp. Hopefully this one doesnt leak XD

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

Good Luck with the new build! Fingers crossed no leaks :p8):cheesy:

1 person likes this.
  4. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

ohhhhhhhhhhhh what happen to the 55 idea, also what are you doing with your old biocube.

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

my dad says the floor supposedly cant hold 600 lbs which i highly doubt, but im gonna do a small 10 gallon nano just to keep a few fish for the hell of it. as for the biocube i guess its going in the trash; either that or i'll keep it in my garage, leaking POS XD

6. socal86

socal86 Fire Worm

good luck man its not the size of the tank that matters it all comes down to enjoying doing the hobby and keeping your pets happy. best of wishes i will be keeping an eye for pics

2 people like this.
  7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

thanks; cant wait to get started! gotta empty my biocube first; gonna put the 10 gallon on the 29 biocube stand

8. Click Here!

9. Steve Goldsmith

Steve Goldsmith Fire Shrimp

Sounds good for a temporary tank. So the biocube has lost all hope? Don't take me as a stalker here, but I went and read your post about giving up. You had a leak in the bottom and on the side? Have you tried everything that you can think of? And you're planning a... FOWLR? If I'm right. I might be able to donate a 10 gal with lights (fluorescent I believe), an aqueous filter, hood, and maybe some live rock(infested with bristle worms). It used to be freshwater, but I made it into salt to cycle and circulate around the live rock until I got my 55 up and running.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

dude i have lights, a 10 gallon and all the supplies for a 10 gallon... and actually its not temporary but it will be a FOWLR for a while and i MIGHT get some GSP once i get used to maintaining parameters in a small tank. thanks for the offer anyway, and yes i've done EVERYTHING for the biocube. i drained the damn thing and put silicone everywhere and did a few water tests but water ALWAYS comes out so I've given up on the POS XD

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

You've had a lot of bad luck. I hope to see this tank turn things around for you. Good luck and keep us updated. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

oh yes i have, and yes i will lol. gotta drain my tank yet again; only problem is i have an algae blenny and maroon i cant keep. they're both pretty small; any takers?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.