The Quick Tunze ATO Install

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Hey ya'... just found your post and I would folllow Matt's advice, after all has all the experience for that type of system!
    Good luck to you!!

2. Click Here!

3. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

Thinking about buying one of these and have a question

What is the diameter of the pump? You say you pull it out of the jug, can you put in one those 5gal jugs you get from the LFS that have a large mouth and a vent cap?

Thanks

4. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

Bump....Does anyone have this and can tell mr hoe big the pump is? Can't find spec on it anywhere

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The diameter of the pump is a about that of a silver dollar. It should work for you if the opening of the jug is more than a couple inches. Otherwise just use a 5 - 7 gallon bucket with lid from the hardware store like I did and drill holes in the top side for the lines.

matt

6. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

I dont have the size, but I can tell you that it barely fits in a carboy container with the 61mm cap (so make sure your container has the 61mm cap) Im sure you can look at the container that you are looking at and it will tell you the size of the cap, 61mm fits just perfect, most containers are 61mm, other popular sizes are 51mm, 63mm, and 70mm, so only 1 that it wont go into, the 51mm size.

hope that helps

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

its a great product, i got one with my reefpack 505 makes life soooooo much easier

10. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

I have a 215 tank and have read that this device is too small for that size tank. Does anyone know if that's true?