The Quick Tunze ATO Install

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Mine has no problem. I just take the pump out of my jug and stickit the other one. Even if it is air bound it will eventually get going. Again, same with me, a shake will take care of it.

My hose and cord must be straighter or drops down different because mine stands straight up all the time. One the out side of my jug there is a bend in the cord hose so perhaps it holds it there better because of that.

OK...then you have a problem. Look is your owners manual. That is what the RED light on the panel is for. The controller is programed so that if the pump runs for 5 minutes and it fails to reach proper sensor level, then an alarm will sound, the RED LED will come on and the pump will shut off. For this very reason, a dry make up bottle. To reset you just have to unplug it and plug it back it, the RED led will clear, the pump will start you will reach level and it will work like normal.

.....I had something go wrong with mine. The red light come on, but there was water. So I had to send it to Texas. They fixed it free and it has worked perfect since. Even with that, I would not think twice about buying another one. Great unit and great service.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good to know!
    Next time it runs dry I will look closer at what it is doing.

4. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

I assume the models are the same with the exception of the plugs - but dont you need to rewire the controller to make it buzz on a low level in the RO container?

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

petstore.com has them for 195 shipped.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not sure. I will look in the instructions today.

WOw. Good price.

I love that my skimmer is dialed in with this ATO now. I haven't touched it in days!

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

That is the number 1 reason why I will be purchasing this ATO. I will be moving to an SWC cone soon and want the water level to be constant. I will also be able just hav a 5 gallon bucket hooked up to this and be able to go away for a few days and not worry about a thing.

I read 2 reviews about how their pumps aused an overflow. I think they had the pump higher than the output.

8. Click Here!

9. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

i bought this as part of my tank re-build. haven't put it in yet, so thanks for the review on your install! look forward to seeing it in action.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You will love it doog!
    @xmetalfan99 - yep - it keeps it dead on! you will be psyched.

Ok - instructions are a lovely thing... you are right geologeek!

from page 45...
    Thanks for the heads up geek! I am going to change mine to the 2nd option.

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Ya but that is just the warning buzzer. I turned mine off. My pump still turns off after 5-10 minutes and the red light comes on. I don't need the buzzer, I always know when I need to change jugs.

Dough.... sorry... I have mine on "too high"..... but the auto off function still works.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I added a Tunze kalk reactor that I had on another tank today.
    [​IMG]

I think it will work better on my Neo Nano as it is open-top and the pump goes on more. On more sealed tanks the kalk would cake pretty quick from sitting too much.

The kalk reactor is an option from Tunze for the Osmolator ATO. It is pricey, but nice to have. You could DIY one fairly easily.