The PSK-100 in action

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reefmonkey, Aug 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Awhile back I picked up an Eshopps psk-100hob skimmer in a great deal. I've been asked by my good friend to post pics of it working. I took one, it says it all. :) The skimmer has been on my system for just over a month now and you can see that if it is set up correctly and used like it was meant to be it will give you results that rival skimmers which sell for hundreds more! ;)

[​IMG]

The break in was approximately 1 week. The results are the thick black coffee looking nasty you see in the pic. You will not find a skimmer that is this effective in this price range.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sweet, congrats

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Hey man, you should put pics of your skimmer up. ;D
    Guess I should've mentioned that it hangs on the remote 20g fuge because it's too tall to fit under the cabinet on the sump but it's the ONLY drawback. These skimmers work very well and the price can't be beat.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yeah I keep mine running a little on the wet side and still get tea colored gunk that stinks real bad.

6. maxxtk

maxxtk Spaghetti Worm

sweet! i used to have the exact same one before i set up my sump. great skimmer! no wonder i'm now using the PSK-100 in sump model.

7. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

urggghhh the crap coming out of that - clearly a good skimmer!

8. Click Here!

9. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

i have one as well and works amazing instantly pulling nasty stuff from the water

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

[​IMG]

This is a pic of the eshopps psk-100 the day I set it up on my system. The green stuff you see in the cup and pop bottle is Kent's Zoe that I added to the system just to see if the skimmer would pull it before break in which it did. This skimmer averages $159.00 new and proves that you do not need to be "rich" to enjoy quality equipment.

*edit* my bad wrong pic but no worries it's good enough haha

11. Eddie

Eddie Flamingo Tongue

Very nice deal. Looks like it beats the hell out of a sea-clown (sea clone)-100 lol. How did you know to get it? That is among the best HOB I've seen working. It actually looks quite functional and productive.
    Greg

I recognize those trees!

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I've just really come to trust Eshopps equipment. But I've also asked a friend that uses one what he thought.