The perfect aquarium store name

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by kennedy450r, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I didn't catch the posts myself but I can tell you when I was a MOD here I most likely would have come down on this thread as well if the references are what I think they were :) I don't feel your post was wrong, just the opposite ;) 3reef is for all levels and walks of life. At any one time you can have a 10 y/o up to a 60+ y/o online at the same time.

If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother, the pope and a kindergarten class at the same time, don't post it here please :)

2. Click Here!

3. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Oh man..Dolphin taking me back :lol:

I bought a Chinchilla from them at the old location when I was a teenager. Stopped in the new place when back in the area briefly and gotta say the saltwater section was pretty nice.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yup. thank you Gresham

5. asking4trouble

asking4trouble Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

"Links to male strippers have nothing to do with reefing and are inappropriate. References to female body parts (whether said in slang or not) are inappropriate and have nothing to do with reefing. Links to certain smells of female body parts have nothing to do with reefing and are inappropriate. Plain and simple. Whether it goes over a kids head doesn't matter to me."

Of course, I absolutely agree. When put so objectively, absolutely 100%.

Im not really sure what you are referring to here and how it relates to what i was asking. Im not sure how to respond to this statement or even if the question is related to me. Perhaps i misunderstand your tone and the use of the quotations on "private messages" and the inflection that I might be asking to know what you said to them. I didnt request that and Im actually confused by this statement sorry? :)

Inwall, your reaction prompted my reaction, which is only to question the line and the appropriateness of your post as a moderator. My statement is only to do that and voice my opinion that what I think is required here is a softer touch. Like i said, Amcarrig seemed to me, closer to the line.

Inwall, I hope u know im posting not to attack. Just want to be very clear on that. Restoring of these posts is not really my point and not something I would request... however, im quite 'whatever' on that issue. In my mind in summary and on a whole they are not really that offensive. Of course when you say it so objectively as the above quote and none of it having anything to do with reefing... What was said seems all that little bit more nasty and sinister, does it not? The people that didnt read them are wondering what they missed now correct? I can assure them not much ;D:);D:) Its only because of the way we have framed it all now with your post and now my reply that the posts sound more sinister. I know in my heart of hearts that the majority of people that read the posts may not of found them funny but the majority would not have been offended and the majority would have understood the posters intention of humor.

With all due respect, and please understand this comes from love, the above statement is exactly all I need to hear from you as a moderator when it comes to editing whole content :):) :) :) My preference as a user would be that you made the edit and than posted that exact statement after. It renders this debate pointless and is the most appropriate response. As a poster it doesnt mean that I have to be annoyed that u in particular didnt get the joke or you have taken a moralistic stance. So i hope maybe this is something 3reef would consider, a standardised message to the thread when the line has been crossed.

Of course good moderation includes gently massaging threads back on track with out the 'drama' so i hope you still do that too, which most of the 3reef mods do so.. gr8 job on the whole !! :) :) :) Long live 3reef!

6. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

My vote would be to just close this and stop drawing attention to it by bumping it back up the list.. Just airs dirty laundry to our visitors. Another "clean" thread can be opened if necessary.

While I know and respect that some folks may have, I did not even notice or think anything of this until all the corrective action started.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I agree. Matt or another mod can open it back up if they feel it needs to be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.