The Mantis is back!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Caseyds7NY, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Thanks for not harming him.

If your only bad hitch hiker was a mantis be thankful. I would take ten mantises over vermitid snails anyday. At least a mantis can be removed, my vermitid snails multiply by the hundreds every day.

2. Click Here!

3. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

How big is your tank Casey? That would be impossible for me with my 210g reef tank. He is way too fast with too many rocks to hide in.

4. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Caseyds7NY

Caseyds7NY Fire Worm

My tank is a 40 breeder. When I got home the mantis was jogging around the tank jumping from one rock to the next so I waited for him to go into a cave so that I could bring my nets in and he went into a whole that I knew was only a one way and it was in the rock that was in the middle on the top. From what I have been reading I guess I got really lucky catching him so fast, maybe 30 min the second time. I also only have 12 rocks (55 lbs) so he only had a few options.

On a sad note my goby decided to see what was on the other side of the glass this morning (I think) so he was chilling on the carpet for about 30 min. When I found him he was barely moving but still alive so I through him back in and now he is hiding in the back of the tank. I hope he makes it. I have since cut the glass for the top so no more escaping for him. :-/

I have been too lazy to post pics of my start up but I hope to post all the pics tomorrow so that I can get some opinions that everything looks like it should since I am fairly new to the hobby.

1 person likes this.
  6. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

The topic of this thread should be
    The Adventures of Casey and the Mantis Shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk