The Long Tube Anemone-Ceriantharia

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by makeshiftcrew, Dec 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Did everybody miss the fact that it ate my fish?! I am down 2 Chromis, and 1 Purple Firefish, although I have yet to prove the Purple Firefish is gone and not just hiding. Found remnants of the other Chromis behind a rock. Something else must be in my tank hunting...though I have never added any live rock, only frags (on plugs)...I figure I would have been able to see a predator large enough to take down 2 fish.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I really one one of these(or two :)). You saw they require med. flow and med. light. What would YOU consider medium for these guys? I want to have a primarily SPS reef. Would the tube anemone be a suitable choice for an addition?

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

FOD, sorry to hear about our fish. :( Maybe try feeding it more often.

5. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

I typed I'm sorry to hear that, but it dust send my bad...and to tell you the truth on the flow, as long as it's not directly in front of a PH it's ok

6. DreamBuilder

DreamBuilder Plankton

I have had this beautiful Tube for 4 years now. But yes they do come with a Price. As stated above they will kill fish and Corals. Sometimes they just get tired of being in the same spot and will release themselves from thier tube and just let the flow carry them where ever. Even onto your favorite chalice! This guy have been in one of my powerheads twice. Thier tentacles are still very much dangerous even after going through the powerhead. Most fish avoid these guys like the Plaque. But some learn the hard way.
    Anyway just my 2 cents. Here is a picture of mine. I also have a purple one with a Green mouth but he is in a tough spot to get a picture of.

Attached Files:

7. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

We had ours for 10+ years and they were a model citizen. We've had many small fish with them.