The Long Tube Anemone-Ceriantharia

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by makeshiftcrew, Dec 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

I did go there this week and they were gone. They say they sold them but I find that hard to believe. I think they just perished.

2. Click Here!

3. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

That happens unfortunately...maybe next time

4. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

nice write up, thank you. i have a question about how to introduce these guys to the tank. just lay the tube on the sand and it will find a good spot to bury itself or should i dig and prepare where i want it to reside in the tank. i'm thinking about getting 1 of these guys but want to know all the facts b4. thanks

5. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Good question I was just wondering that.

?

6. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

I would recommend having atleast a 2inch sandbed(thats what i have for mine) Move the sand away enough to dig a hole(down to the glass if possible) long/deep enough to cover about half of the tube. Then once in place cover that half with sand and the other half will be what you see...Just a heads up when you recieve these the "tube" will look tattered and torn. It will be ok its just the stress from transport.

7. kstafford003

Very good info. I will probably get one now. I too thought they were anemones that would grab my fish as they swam by, but thanks to you I know different. I have a DSB so I believe I would have a great set up for it. Thanks for the info.

8. Click Here!

9. kstafford003

I have brought this up to a local fish store and they gave me a huge discount on a dying bubble tip anemone. It was almost climbing out of the tank. I was able to get it and a few frags for $25 bucks. A week later this thing is about 5". Now I'm an animal rescuer, lol. Can I get some donations? Don't be afraid to ask for a discount on something that looks bad, they may just give it to you.

10. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

Your welcome! I can't wait to see pictures! Aquasd has some in stock now if you wanna see them just shoot them a message

11. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

i passed by the lfs near me today he had 4 tube anemones. 1 of them had like a mucus surrounding it, it looks like the outer tentacles got dissolved, 2 are colorless and a tiny 1 that is pink but all of them seems to be w/o tube. they are in a tank with small gravel substrate. they are priced $49. are they worth it? thanks again

12. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

I wouldnt recommend it. The gravel substrate can easily cause tissue damage that in not repairable...it takes ALOT of energy for the nem to replace damaged tube tissue and sometimes its just to far gone for it to regenerate the tissue. I would definatley recommend going through Aquasd though...They have quite a few of them.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/aqua-sd/new-shipment-ultra-corals-101641.html its number 15 in the second post of the first page