The joys of window shopping.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Corailline, Jan 2, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Check out this fish, I do not believe I have ever seen one previously? Anyone know anything about this fish?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733 3&ddid=252209

Is it related to Engineer Gobies, looks almost similar.

I have been to Vivid, Blue Zoo, Battlefield, Marine Depot, Live....Captive..Oh I love to looks at cool corals and inverts. If you have any good sites you like to browse let me know.

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I have to learn this thing you call window shop.. always costs me money ha ha :)
    Unique corals is always worth a view, or cherry corals is nice to look(personally I think they can be a bit on the higher side on some things but they have a great site)

4. Corailline

Cool, I have been out of the stocking business for so long I forgot about those.

It always cost me eventually, o_O. Since you have to pay for live shipping I am trying to make the most of my planing. No willie nilly buy this and that, I am really trying design the colors, growth and structure. :p

It's hard when you've always wanted certain corals but they do not fit in the plan. Pink birds nest has poorly for me on my last two tanks so I would like to try it again. Shallow reef has to have a tabling acropora, that is where the Efflo I have always wanted will fit in. Yellow zoanthids, I want two types yellows and some Rastas. No mushrooms, no soft.

See great sigh....I could go on and on.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

6. Corailline

Oooo those King Midas are nice as well.

A sincere thanks to aiding in my preoccupation with coral shopping on line. I am supposed to be watching The Equalizer with the spouse, but I am looking at zoanthids.

7. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I know there are so many amazing corals. Trying to sell off some stuff myself so I can make room. Small tanks are great but either you plan well and stick to it or eventually you will regret some of the purchases.

Corailline likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

LA/DD has been getting in brotulids every now and then, not sure how you havent seen them haha (then again, i check everyday at the update time for the site)

They're kind of an odd mix between eel and grouper (in care) except for a nano tank...predatory but so shy that they often starve to death in larger tanks. They almost have to be spot fed (some will say they require it). Oddly enough, the care reminds me of marine bettas. They're related to eel-gobies (like the engineer goby). Their scientific name is currently in dispute, often listed as Brotulina fusca, some will say this is incorrect and are actually Diancistrus fuscus. Not much else is known for sure about these guys.

OH, almost forgot, they're live bearers.

Corailline likes this.
  10. Corailline

Cool, well that about covers it.

Yeah I am not a big Engineer Goby, Blenny, Betta fan ( I know all completely different fish type), interesting fish but it's the body shape that puts me off.

I have not bought a fish in years, literally. lol

11. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Im sure thats gonna change real soon, any thoughts about what to stock in the JBJ?

12. Corailline

It will either be a pair of designer clowns Picasso or black ice. If I get a nice carpet Anemone it will be pink or orange skunk clowns, I am leaning more in the the skunk direction. Just looking for decent priced carpet types. And one or two chromis or yellow tail damsel. Fish choices are limited big big time.