The inTank Algae Scraper Test

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. StevieT

StevieT 3reef Sponsor

Looks like this was tested on a plastic overflow. It powers through coraline on glass and acrylic. It was designed to remove harder algae in your aquarium display substrates and replace the razor blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very nice! Well there you go! - EDit - oh hi Steve! :) (Steve from inTank everybody!)

I think my specific test here may have misled. I highlighted one use of the All-In-One scraper from inTank. But the real use and genius of it is corner scraping with the 4 different corners available. At the time of my testing, my corners were clean, but my return was nasty. I went with that.

That said, I found the edges very sharp and I think it could handle quite a lot. If you have one around, I bet you will find a use for it.

When my tank kalks up a bit (just cleaned a week ago) I will give it a go and report back.

I have a Flipper for the tough stuff on glass, a small mag-float for quick cleaning and now an inTank all-in-one for every in between. I feel like I have my scraping tool kit now.

matt

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. elwolfe

elwolfe Coral Banded Shrimp

I'd say so.... LOL

1 person likes this.