The Draco's JBJ 20 gal Nanocube

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Draco, Nov 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Draco

Draco Astrea Snail

So I finally got around to creating a little journal here for my tank.

I had a 9 gal Ehiem running for about a year at my old place. I had some corals and a pair of clowns, very simple low-tech tank. It moved with me to my new place 3 months ago. Some corals did not make the trip, the clowns did.

4 weeks ago, I've finally upgraded to a JBJ 28 gal Nanocube. Two corals never opened up (frogspawn and hammer). It's not a huge upgrade, but better than a 9 gal. I am loving the sump in the back. I ordered a nano protein skimmer. While it fits nicely, it's hard to open the lid with it. I have to take it out each time I need to open my lid wide.

I got it shipped, and I was worried since the box was torn and wet (photo'd), but it came in one piece. I couldn't pass up the Drs Foster and Smith's deal at the time (They had a free $10 credit for every $50 spent and free stand, so yea, it was worth it!)

[​IMG]

The stand made for the tank was a huge disappointment. it broke upon assembling and it wasn't held together by screws, just weak wooden dowels in most places. of course, I sent it back and refused to put a tank on it. I don't trust it. I did get the stand made for Coralife biocube and it's much sturdier. I like the look of it better anyway!

anyway, Here's some pics of the JBJ.. I have photos of my old 9 gal, but meh, we're more interested in the JBJ, right? lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It still needs more rock.. I have about 15-17 lbs there now. I figure when I get corals, I hope to get them on rocks to add up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seaflowerkitty and Matt Rogers like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry about the trouble with the stand but looking good! Welcome back!

4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Love the way coraline, or anything grows on hermits.

5. Draco

Draco Astrea Snail

me too, adds such character :D

thank you all!

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have had a number of JBJ, never the LED. They are a fine AIO tank if you want something simple and efficient, and you can add a larger fuge on the back with skimmer if you like. Looking good.