The Day when the water breaks...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by salsalito25, May 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Awww, great picture. Really puts in perspective how tiny he is. I still have the little blue knit caps the boys wore in NICU. They fit nicely on a tennis ball - that's how small they are.

Don't worry too much about the oxygen thing. It will fluctuate for quite a while. I remember the boys actually going completely off, then a day or so later someone would be back on for a day or 2. It went back and forth for a while. Time and a good NICU team are on your side!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Soooo tiny and soooo cute!

4. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

The wife and i are fully aware that day to day will be a rollercoaster ride with Vitals and O2 levels.. My only concern is to know the safe zone realy.. other than that just let the NICU team do there thing that they are trained for... Visit with the little man as much as posiable and give him the love he needs to grow bigg and strong..

Thanks again so much for everything... and like always will keep everyone updated as i get new new's..

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

How's Gabriel doing these days?

6. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Am sorry been a very very emotional week or two.... Update to follow later today....

Thanks again to all....

7. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Hello to all.. As the above stated comment ... These 2 week's or so have been a rollercoaster ride of emotion's that i would not let any one wait in line to ride... I would say friday the 12th (my B-day) Gabriel took a turn for the worse.... Meaning from blood tests to ventalator settings to the proper % of 02 he was getting went from a decent 32% 02 ... To a scary 70%+ O2 .... Basicaly that means bad bad things to come.... Over the week till weekend of father's day just went things couldn't get any worse.....Well.. It did... His blood gass test came back horriably Bad... What there testing for is his CO2% in his blood system to make sure he is exhausting the bad gass for the good (O2)... His safe Zone is 40%-60% ... He topped the chart with 105%.. It's not often you see doc's and nurses running to get new equipment and other tool's.. At this time there was talk of a funeral and other things that we should not be thinking of that was runnin amuck in our heads.... The new tool's they brought to his side was a differant type of Ventalator that help's remove the CO2.. And well ... within 24hr's his CO2 dropped in the safe zone... Along with that he is on steriods to help speed the process of lung growth and development.. As of June 22, he is now back on a normal Vent and we hope is on the road of recovery of this grewling past 2 weeks....

I will say this Triplemom i give you all the respect in the world i can find you had three children in this type of care i am not sure how you kept yor self together day to day....
    The wife and i are strong togeter throught this very tought time's... Not only still attempting to move in our new house still along with renovation's and pondering to hold off on gettin the nusery together... So in good faith and to ward off the evil and bad Karma we are gettin this house ready for his home comming..!!!!

With all the thanks in the world to everyone following my story I still thank you all..!!!

2 people like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Will keep on praying for Gabriel and hope that he'll be home with you as soon as he's ready.

10. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Agreed.. sad to hear the turn for the worse.. hope things get better..
    Keep us posted.

1 person likes this.
  11. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Hello again to all here's a lil idea of just how small my little man realy is..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again i thank everyone for the support ..!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  12. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

wonderful Salsilito, really wonderfull

keep the updates coming

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.