The Day when the water breaks...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by salsalito25, May 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Hooray for good news!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Thats great news! and soooooooooooo cute!
    Kiarah

1 person likes this.
  4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Boy, are you bringing back some memories. I remember "head ultrasound" day like it was yesterday. They would dim the lights and go from baby to baby, doing the ultrasound thing. Just to let you know, one of my triplets had a level 3 brain bleed - almost the worst category. I was terrified. He ended up being a high academic achiever, had great ACT scores, got academic scholarships from several different schools, and made the highest score possible on the national Latin exam. The bleed gradually just reabsorbed over time and he had no ill effects whatsoever. Keep your chin up!

1 person likes this.
  5. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Another update..... Head ultra sound cameback, i never thought i would ever loose sleep over something but this time i did... To make the quick... Theres 99.99% chance that every premi baby has some level of bleeding in the brain.... ok heres the results.. He has NONE..!!! Not a single ONE..!!! Ths doc who read the results was even baffled to make sure it was our results.... He does have a PDA that is heart related that in a few medical treatments doesn't fix the lil guy will have to endure surgery to get it fixed..
    As of rite now all his vitals are simply kicking butt and taking names... As of now we are still taking this one day at a time...

Once again thank you all for your support..

1 person likes this.
  6. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i wish u all the best

1 person likes this.
  7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Fantastic news!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

great news , buddy

the little one is a fighter

Steve

1 person likes this.
  10. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Wonderful!!!!! Hopefully, that PDA will close up on its own (I remember that being on my worry list, too)!

11. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

CONGRATS! He is sooo cute. Sounds like he is doing great! Yeeeaaaaahhhhh NO BLEEDS!

Well keep him in my thoughts and prayers that the PDA closes. Hopefully as he gets a little more weight on him it will. But fortunately the surgery today if it doesnt is so much better, and he might not even need it closed depending on the shunting

1 person likes this.
  12. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Speaking of the PDA... Since the meds have been givin to Gabriel to help close up the PDA.. His Vitals have improved a lil more day to day with each cycle.. Meaning his pure Oxygen % given on the reperator has been droping from day to day and tends to fluxuate. Rite around 28% so far the lowest we have seen was 21%.. For thoes who don't know that's the % of O2 that you are breathing rite now reading this.. Yes Room air....Just Filterd for cleanliness.... But he does have good days and bad days with his O2%. The last time the wife and I seen him he was back up to 28% wich still is Extremly good.. The next few days he will get another Ecocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) to see if any changes have happend with the PDA

Here's a updated pic.
    [​IMG]

Once again i thank everyone for there support..!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.