The Day when the water breaks...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by salsalito25, May 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Like Triplemom said, medicine has come such a long way. I'm sure that all will turn out well in the end.

When I was pregnant, we found out at 4 months that the baby had fluid in the cavity around his right lung (called a pleural effusion). The docs told me that if it didn't go away that I might have to consider terminating the pregnancy. Thankfully, it did go away but returned again 3 months later! It was at that time that the docs also discovered that I had more amniotic fluid than was normal which made me at risk for pre-term labor. Sigh...I was put on bed rest 2 months before my baby was due. During that time, I had to go to the hospital for ultrasounds once a week and non-stress tests 3x a week. Between September and November, the second pleural effusion went away and my fluids balanced out. THEN...hehehehe...there is a happy ending, I promise....the baby was "big" so the docs decided to induce me 2 weeks before my due date. Two tries at induction within a 2 week period before they finally decided to give me a c-section. And people wonder why I laugh maniacally when they ask me if I'm going to have any more kids.

Well, I do go on don't I. What I'm trying to get across is that I never lost hope that I'd end up having a healthy little baby boy. Instead, I ended up with a healthy enormous baby boy (9 lbs 8 oz) :lol: You and your wife will be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

Come on now its for for my "seester" and best friend you know all you have to do is ask.... and man those cats can poop :oops: (on your carpet...)

To all that have responded thank you for the words of encouragement. I know how much this will mean to them both and little "pinto" (gabe) is a fighter and I hope all will be ok.

1 person likes this.
  4. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Once again i thank everyone.. From the last time we talked to our Doc he is wanting to a New ultrasound done with in the 2cond week of june so i guess .. stay tuned..??

thank you all so much.!!

1 person likes this.
  5. rewris

rewris Skunk Shrimp

salsalito25, I don't know if you are religious or spiritual, but faith will carry you a long way. Everything will be alright! Go strong, brother. Keep a positive outlook! and Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

In the uk anything after 24 weeks has a good chance, My friend had her baby at 23 and 3 days and she is now 1 with no complications so keep hopes high and keep yur chin up, ill be thinking of you all
    Kiarah X

7. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Helo to all here's a realy early update... We did'nt make our 2cond week in June apointment..... But don't worry... Today at 4:30pm... Gabriel was born into the world at 13inch and 1.75lbs.... Once born he looked up at me with and gave us a lil moan and cry.. Once he was cut free from mom he was in the N.I.C.U's care and put on a resperator to aid breathing... Last time i talked to his Doc at that point things was looking good .. But cause he is so young and early things can change like the changing weather..... But I thank everyone again for everything ..!!!!
    Oh here's a lil sneak peak of my little fighter....

[​IMG]

P.s. Her water broke at 20wks and 4 days he stayed in the oven untill today at 25wks 3 days..

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

awesome - Gabriel is handsome, congratulations to you all

Steve

10. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

Thanks my nephew the "pinto". Gratz John.

Tell my seester hugs and kisses and way to go man.

11. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

My wife is a level 3 NICU RN and I hear a lot of great stories about success. It may not seam like it but the odds are on your side. Oh yea by the way the Dr. is your advisor but don't forget the nurses they are the ones trully taking care of your little joy.:)

12. weboddity

weboddity Astrea Snail

Speaking of success stories: My brother was premature, born black and blue, and was the size of my father's shoe. That was 29 years ago. Today he's 6'3" and perfectly healthy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.