the cove

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Dingo, Sep 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Anyone ever seen The Cove? it is a documentary on dolphin killing in Japan... if you havent seen it, I would recommend watching it asap! its VERY eye opening

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Yeah, its pretty intense

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

...watching the trailer now.

:( Wow, that's sad & pretty screwed up.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Have you seen the new show on Animal Planet called Blood Dolphins I think? It's all about stuff like that and the people trying to stop it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Seano Hermano

There's one about the killing of whales, same idea. I don't remember the name. I haven't watched it in a while. Also, in Japan.

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

This is actually really "G" rated compared to the real thing...

8. Click Here!

9. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's a travesty, but South Park had it right, we do the same thing, if not worse to animals we eat/use for raw materials. Have you seen chicken farms, slaughter houses etc. Everyone is all up in arms about it, but most fail to look at their respective cultures to see what they do that many would consider atrocious. Just b/c Robin Williams and Jenifer Aniston hopped on the band wagon, Americans are all up and outraged about it.

10. Seano Hermano

Actually, I have seen it[the factory farms]. They are cruel & inhumane. It's disgusting to see.

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

theres another event like it on faroe island, that one is actually very important for the people on the island.

12. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Agreed, but I still eat pork, chicken, beef etc. This concern is just a fad that will fade. Television has made these interest popular. I find it difficult to accept criticism from somebody that basically does the same thing I do.

I don't want to be taken as affirming or encouraging the actions, I've seen the movie and the shows, but it's how they make a living and it's their culture. If we had better standards and conditions for animals, I may be a bit more outraged. We should focus on our own issues before pointing fingers at others.