"The Cove" - documentary about dolphin slaughtering in Japan

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by ReefDaily, Dec 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

:angry::angry:

I got this movie for Christmas. I saw a trailer for it a long time ago and I couldn't believe it, luckily someone remembered and got it for me.

It's pretty much about how Japan had this crazy cover up so they could slaughter thousands of dolphin a year for illegitimate reasons. They would corner them and force them into coves where they were sure no one would see what they were doing. A team of people setup high def cameras in a few locations to record what happens... So depressing. :( All you see is the water turn red.

Has anyone else seen this?
    Any updates that since the movie was made?

Trailer:
    Youtube

Take Part

PS:
    It's been a while since I've been over here. My maintenance company has been very busy and I havent been spending much time online. 3Reef is looking great!!

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You got this on DVD?
    I didn't think it was even out in the theater yet!

I have posted on it a bit on this forum. It is on my to-see list.

Glad you like the new site, however I am not and changing some stuff hopefully for the better - you can read about that on the homepage.

4. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

That is really sad. Makes you want to cry.

5. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Well .. I didn't want to say this because it kind of contradicts how I feel about this whole thing- but I "obtained" a copy of this movie and me not paying to see it seems wrong.

But- if you say the movie isnt in theaters yet then I'll believe you. Maybe the copy I have is from over sees. If you are interested Matt "obtaining" a copy, PM me.

I plan on buying this movie when I can.