The best idea EVER

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by SIM-slayer, Sep 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I don't think it has anything to do with being easy or not, your're proposing having one tank, being split up into 3 different sections. It is impractical, dangerous, expensive and I really don't think you will achieve the look you want in the end.

2. Click Here!

3. Smellsfishy1991

Smellsfishy1991 Astrea Snail

Don't people split tanks to make sumps? I think it's an awesome idea. If it works I would like to try it.

4. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Yes, although sumps aren't designed to have 3 different sets of water. He's talking about a FW, brackish, and SW tank, all on the same display. That's infinitely more difficult than a sump, which is designed to control the movement of water in a specific fashion.

5. stoney waters

stoney waters Fire Shrimp

meh id be worried about one of the dividers springing a leak, then u would have to drain 2 sections and have a whole mess going on u wouldnt want to get into, id say just make a nice reef tank.

6. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Sheesh it's enough work keeping one kind of tank, imagine two more and all of them connected! =O BUT, if you actually go through with it you better start a thread!