Test kits

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by newguy420, Mar 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

What are the better test kits to use? I have API and I notice it's next to impossible to get a good no3 reading. If I hold it against the card, there is no discernible difference 5 and 10. Then if I look down the Ctr of the tube against the white background, it looks like 20. How do I get a trust worthy reading? Also, i see my calcium is high (460) and my kh is low (7). I dont dose anyhing so i wonder why it seems my calcium hardly reduces. Im not sure i can trust the api test kits.. I do 20g water change every 2 weeks. Just seems that I should be losing more ca. And why would my kh be low? My ph is right on at 8.2. 0 ammonia and 0 nitrate.

2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Instructions say to hold it 8 inches from the card over a white background (the card) under high light.

Oh, and not looking into the tube from the top.

4. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

yeh, not from the top. the only api test that needs that is their copper one i believe. everything else is from the side. but if u are looking for a reliable test, seachem or salifert if u hate your money ;p