Terror is beating up my Oscars! Help!

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by CUCCI-WALDRON, Jan 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CUCCI-WALDRON

CUCCI-WALDRON Astrea Snail

Hey yall!
    I just bought these green terrors on monday.....well i thought that my oscars (1 tiger, 1 red) would be able to fend for themselves especially since they are an inch bigger.......well i was wrong....one of the terrors is very mildly tempered, the oscars pick on him some times. But the other is very aggressive towards every fish in the tank....i tried rearranging the rocks to make new territory but that didn't work either. Should i get rid of the terror thats terrorizing my fishies??

2. Click Here!

3. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

once a terror always a terror. all expereince i have had with terrors speacily greens allways leads to the terror allways being the last one in the tank. my buddy has a 55g with his green terror a pleco and snails........and a woreout toilet cause he put the terror in the tank......meaning he suffered much fish loss

4. CUCCI-WALDRON

well the one that's doin all the beatin is the red one....that kinda confused me when i bought them b/c one was green and one was red....the green one is pretty docile surprisingly but that red one.....i renamed him diavulu ( devil in itallian). should i get rid of him?? :(

5. reefwisperer

well if you see your other stressing then seperation may be the best bet. in my dealings green are usally the mean ones.......glad to hear you got a sumwhat calm one. green are absolutely beautiful. red are to but i like the greens best.be shure to watch close cause if the whole tank starts stressing then you may see ick starting to appear. good luck hope all works out

6. reefwisperer

oh and also the green that i told you about he has had for about 6 years so if you can get it all worked out you'll have years of enjoyment.

7. CUCCI-WALDRON

8. Click Here!

9. reefwisperer

any time any time hope all go's well for ya keep us updated please

10. CUCCI-WALDRON

i am about to take the red terror to my friends house do you think the green one will stay pretty laid back or will it get more aggressive as it gets older?? if he is going to get more aggressive i am goin to take both of them to her house.... :\

11. reefwisperer

if he isnt raising cane then your problly allright keeping him. just watch for any white dots on all your fish.......as this is a sign of stress and ick.

12. CUCCI-WALDRON

The oscars are so relieved!

I finally caught the terror and took it to my friends house. she has oscars, blood parrots, and a jack dempsey, but i really think that mean fish can fend for itself in that tank. thanks for the advice my oscars are so much happier now.:cheesy: