Urgent Temperature Troubles.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Claic Yuzolt, Nov 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

Alright so I just added my 15 gallon fuge to my setup and everything was in order before going to bed last night.

Wake up this morning, before lights are on, to a temperature of 75.7 when it normally is 79 and 80 when lights are on. I have one heater in my DT, because my clown hosts it and I dont wanna be mean and take it away, and a marineland stealth in my fuge now. They are both set at 78 yet temp. is around 77 right now and like I said it was 75 at night.

I have SPS and an anemone and I cant have these swings can I?

The marineland seems to shut off constantly and never stays on for very long, any suggestions? It has the green LED light so show you if it is on or not and it stays red for like 2 minutes and then turns green. I even boosted it to 82 to see what would happen and same thing.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Its probably in competition with the other heater that you are running. I believe the low temp could be because of your present house temp or change in weather. my tanks are doing the same thing.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

75 really isn't that big of a deal. I am having the opposite problem in my apartment. Since the heat is on and a vent is close to my tank my water is getting up to 83ish. What is the temp in your apartment?

5. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

I try to keep it around 77 but I think it did drop a bit last night.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

You are going to need to increase the wattage of your heaters because of all the available surface area for evaporation. Maybe add a heater in the fuge or put a stronger one in the sump.

1 person likes this.
  7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

You could put the heater in the overflow.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

This is excellent advice.