Tell Us your Dream Sump and we will listen

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by eshopps, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

IMO this is the only way to make a sump to fit a tanks needs.

2. Click Here!

3. RoCkS.125.ReEF

RoCkS.125.ReEF Astrea Snail

I think the frag rack is a great idea maybe you can put it in the fuge where most people have a light...

4. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

how bout just a compartment alone itself where you can put frags or sands with corals. you know like a small compartment all by itself. of course it will also have it's own fuge section as well.

5. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

if i bought a sump/fuge combo i would not want my frags in there. id rather have a frag tank plumbed in personally so i could look at my frags in a display-tank style fashion.

i love the idea of adjustable baffles. it'd be easy to design if you used super thick acrylic for the tank perimeter with grooves for the different baffle placement and some method of sealing. then of course the cost goes waaay up with the additional thickness of the acrylic though.

i personally did not buy a pre-built sump/fuge nor would i in the future unless it had the adjustable baffling. with all the reading ive done on 3reef people change their setups ALOT. if you have to get a new skimmer and need an extra 1" of space its pretty easy to change out the baffles in your own DIY sump versus a prebuilt acrylic tank.

as for additional 'feature' ideas:

- probe rack (PH, ORP, Salinity, whatever)
    - height adjustable stand for skimmers if height adjustable baffles are not an option
    - optional sock filter holder (could be designed to be sold seperately as well for DIY sumps ;))

6. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

interesting

7. StrainedSky

StrainedSky Spaghetti Worm

I vote probe holder and frag compartment ;D And hurry up im in the market ;D

8. Click Here!

9. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

I have an eShopps Wet-Dry system and I would purchase and replace it with a new eShopps sump without the bio-balls as you said, if it had adjustable baffles, area for my protein skimmer and area for chaeto. The frag idea is cute, I just don't think it is worth the time and increased overhead for you adding it which overall increases the cost of the product in the end. Most people want frags in their DT where they have better lighting and can watch over them.

Tall thick plexi-glass, three sections, adjustable baffles, sock option with an affordable price would be a winner.

10. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Thats perfect, make it affordable and you'll have a very popular item :)

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

affordable... is the key word for me as for most of the people I've seen posting.
    Following very close is adjustable baffler. Of course the biggest possible fuge area comes next.

I'm right now researching and in the process of ordering what I need for my DIY sump. I wouldn't have to do this if affordability was one of the features of commercial sump/fuge combos.

Just my 2 cents.

- Mag.

PS: I'm also, obviously, broke.

12. cap23244

cap23244 Astrea Snail

i would like to see a modular sump/fuge so you can put it under your tank and stand with out having to tear the tank down
    for example. i have a 125 i have it set up with a wet dry for a sump. in order to change it out to or convert to a sump/refuigium i would have to tear the tank down to get any thing bigger in the stand. so why not make a modular setup say in 20in lenths or so . first section is for the sump sock or socks and the skimmer the have outlets to hook up to the second one where the fuge is and the where the return pump is. or fuge/return section. and so on. heck you could put a shallow frag tank modual between them. we have all done some filter system and wish we could change some thing about it but dont want deal with all the troble of changing it. we know how us saltwater guys like to swap things around and wish we could easly add more to a filter system this would solve that once and for all

making a modular system would solve a lot of peoples problems.
    call it the eshopp's soultion system.

Last edited: May 15, 2010