Tell Us your Dream Sump and we will listen

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by eshopps, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Now that is a great idea!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

have a better one. how bout adjustable water flow level into the fudge section. that way you can control the slow moving water flow and allow the faster one going to the skimmer side.

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I think by adjustable he means up or down... It would be nice to be able to raise or lower the water level of the skimmer section depending on the model you purchase or change to.

5. H&K

H&K Flamingo Tongue

;D got any prototypes you want to send me so i could get my nice new s-150 up and running i will even test it for free ;)

6. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I think the frag compartment is an awesome idea. What about a compartment you can block off and drain for a water change then mix water in and re-open to the system.

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I like this also. What about baffles that slide into slots in the sides of the sump. You could sell different size baffles so we can adjust water level and also put in extra slots so compartment size can be changed for bigger or smaller skimmers.

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I run an eshopps sump..The things I would change on mine would be 1/4 thick acrylic instead of 3/16. (I always feel like I have to be real careful). I know you mentioned earlier that you ommited the drip tray (Good Move!) But the built in sock holder would be a great addition. The frag rack is a good idea, but I like the Eshopps corner rack in my DT. I like to look at my frags. Not open the doors and look under. Adjustable height baffles is a cool idea!!! Here is a pic of my modded eshopps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a built in bubble diffuser for your skimmer would be nice. I am using a sock.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  10. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

to elaborate on adjustable baffles....

That is the one reason why I opted to by a regular old glass tank and baffle it out my self. No mfg has engineered a sump that fitted my wants in a sump. So why not engineer them with a unique design element of adjustabe baffles. whether we can adjust water height in a section or make a section longer/shorter.

There can be something invented that would seperate eshopps from the rest.

IMO all manufactured acrylic sumps are the same. Acrylic sheets bonded with sections. Nothing special. Just overpriced acrylic sheets bonded together. Just my thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  11. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

keep them coming, everyone, we are listening.

1 person likes this.
  12. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

and how about affordable most sumps are high price when most ppl just want simple and sweet

1 person likes this.