Urgent tell me this isnt AEFW!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by bobssecrtsn, Jun 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

hey guys, please let me know if this isnt AEFW or red bugs please! i hate this!

im not sure if these are bite marks or not. please let me know what i should do!

[​IMG]
    the circle pinkish area on the plug is not coraline. it was slimey and i removed it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bite marks?

this is what fell off using coralRX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

Acropora's slime when taken out of the water.I have older frags where they incrust all the way under the plug.I dont see any in the dip water.Just keep a keen eye out for the clusters of eggs.There usually at the base of the host coral.But can bee anywhere on the coral can be seen in,that classic cluster.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I can't quite tell because I am on my phone right now, but flatworms are not as big of a deal as people make them out to be. Atleast not in my experience. I have had some corals that were pretty badly infested with both red bugs and acro eating flatworms. Coralrx didn't do much for these corals long term and interceptor has stopped being produced so I looked into alternate treatments. The only thing that I have found that really words is dipping in Bayer advanced insect killer. I know, dipping corals in a pesticide sounds scary, but it seems to kill everything on the coral and is cheaper than other less effective coral dips I have used. Google dipping corals in bayer advanced insect killer and you can get a detailed description for making your own coral dip. You can also use flatworm exit made by salifert but in my experience it doesn't do very much against acropora eating flatworms. Best of luck! Post back with your results!

On second thought I'm looking over your pictures again and I believe the flatworm you are talking about in the dip is a common red flatworm. They are typical and don't really do much damage to anything. Its very common for them to be present in aquaria. Dipping couldn't hurt though.