target feeding is a pain!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by zjpeter, Apr 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

sorry about the long link. i bought a dendro frag (very small but exploding with color) and its kind of a pain to drag this guy up to feed him. i have the extend-o grabber thingy and have to juggle that with the dendro on and run my little syringe with one hand to suck up and squirt the guy.

i found this thing which seems like the answer to my frustrations...

Kent Marine Nautilus Sea Squirt Feeding Prong

have any of you tried this or what do you more experienced reefers use?

by the way, this little guy is loving the Rod's Food, all of my corals are looking pretty happy about it. Jason White of YZReef turned me on to the stuff. its pretty much amazing

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I just use a turkey baster to target feed all my corals. I sometimes turn off the powerheads when I do it, sometimes I dont. I personally dont like moving the corals to feed them, too much risk with injuring them or stressing them out.

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I love my dendro, and it loves Rod's food! All I do is syringe a little bit of Rod's and blast it. My arms always seem to be in the tank anyway, so that works well for me. I use a little syringe that came with one of my test kits.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I just use a $0.25 long plastic tube (maybe 3/16" OD) and attached it to a syringe from a test kit with a little bit of airline tubing, works great and is basically free.

1 person likes this.
  6. bc219

bc219 Millepora

turkey baster ftw!

7. sharkyshark

sharkyshark Spaghetti Worm

ha! since we are so close to "Rod" we get Rod's fish at our LFS, they always look really good.

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

That's a great idea! K+!

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

screwtape, where should i look for that sort of thing. i've got a little syringe but what about the tube. i think that a turkey might be over kill for what i've got.

11. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

sometimes broad feeding may suffice...just turn off your returns....and let the food circulate for a good 10-15 mins...

12. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Sorry didn't see this until now. I actually don't know where to get it, luckily my LFS had some. Might be able to google some up.