Tapatalk is back

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

tapatalk_logo.png
    Tapatalk is back on 3reef for those that use that app. I did a million things right for this new site, but removing Tapatalk access, without an equally strong app was a mistake. I stand by my reasons from a site-owner perspective - the stripping of brand, no homepage, no new features - basically you wouldn't know about this new site at all. Lack of template control, it goes on and on. It keeps me up at night at times. But after a while I realized I hurt the people that were still here who were looking for advice as I read the "Where is Everybody?" thread. And then I realized I hurt those that left who came here often. I know I have made a mistake. For that, I am sorry.

I hope I can build a better Tapatalk some day that is a win/win for everybody, but I have to start with building a better, more inclusive community here, right now.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

sorry to hear that people can not except change. I also use tapatalk, and i dont really like the app but i use it on occasion. It is good to have a forum owner who does listen to his community, and is willing to make changes.

Servillius likes this.
  4. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

look at it as giving options to people. Regardless of tapatalk or not, you did a great job making this site unique and not your typical "forum" layout.

5. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

+1 rcflyer

Corailline likes this.
  6. OPForest

OPForest Fire Worm

I find that when I am on my mobile devices, I am doing one of two things. I am looking for something quick where all the extra features are sort of bothersome or I am sitting on the couch/in bed just browsing. The later is when I enjoy all of the things you have built in. It is very nice to have the option of using either tapatalk or the full mobile experience. The best thing would be a dedicated app just for 3Reef but that I understand takes extreme amounts of time.

I read the "where is everybody?" thread and agree that there doesnt seem to be as many people on here as some of the other forums. With that being said, this forum has been around for so long that most of the information I am looking for is easily found through a quick search.

Either way, I appreciate the work that you have put into this new forum software and having some background in the web development and IT field I understand how much effort and time you have spent to make this a better place.

Turbo's Aquatics and Corailline like this.
  7. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

It had to happen I guess, and I say this without malice to anyone, but some small part of me was hoping the site was able to hold out proud and free. I like this site, it being just another stop in an agglomeration of sterile content saddens me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad folks are back and glad they have their convenience. I just feel like I was hoping this small town could survive the coming of the interstate.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Corailline likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

yesss matt! I think the only people that really get the tapatalk thing are the ones who have been users on there for a while, I know ive been missing it a lot....even to the point where I would click it just out of habit and it would give me a error lol I love the new site and all the hard work you put into it, and now with tapatalk its great. im willing to bet you see some increased traffic just from the tapatalk peeps.

10. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Matt, don't apologize, you are right about tapatalk.

Guys, the mobile version of 3reef on any modern smart phone is leaps and bounds better than tapatalk. If its just a matter of habit, don't let your old habit hold you back from something better.

OnlyTono likes this.
  11. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

It's all opinions on which one you liked better. I like tapatalk. Now that both work everyone can be happy.

12. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I was starting to adjust to the app, but I do like tapatalk. tapatalk it is for me.

: tapatalk