Tapatalk has been upgraded

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

All you mobile folks (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc) will be happy to know I just upgraded the Tapatalk software here on 3reef.

The upgrade should have some new bells & whistles that may include:

"Upcoming Tapatalk - Facebook and Admob support. New WebOS and Windows Phone 7 Tapatalk clients.
    Tapatalk API empowers third-party developers to create amazing forum applications and plugins using the well-proven API to access general forum functions, beyond web browser.
    [SIZE=+1]Facebook Integration with Tapatalk[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]This month bring you the newest Tapatalk feature that allows your forum members to publish discussion to their Facebook account. Upcoming version of Tapatalk for iPhone (pending Apple approval) allows instant share of topics and hot discussions to Facebook. This feature aims to help forum owners to generate more new traffic from the Social Networking site, even from users on-to-go. This is a free and on-going update from Tapatalk. Android version to follow."

Since I am a cheap old man I don't have one of these jazzy phones - please let me know if there are issues. I literally just did this, so to truly test you might have start the app again.

Beyond this I have other upgrades scheduled soon. You might have noticed the site down earlier while I was upgrading the SSL certificate. That was just good old server fun there. :) I'll will try to keep the interruptions to a minimum.

Enjoy the site - good night...

matt

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

I'll test is as soon as the dust settles on the new Android updated version. People are commenting that the new Tapatalk Pro version (which we pay for) now Ads are being shown. Also, there is no mention of FB support in the new update. I'll keep you posted.. :)

4. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

I'm not a tapatalk user, but thanks for all you do for the site Matt! We all appreciate it and enjoy the site very much.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I tried to use tapatalk on my phone but I can't figure out how to do it...fancy phones are hard for me!

Thanks for all you do Matt! I hope to figure it out one day so I put all your hard work to use! :)

6. ComputerJohn

It's very easy.. You must have the Pro version to post messages, the free version will let you browse & read posts.

I love the Pro version, I can read, post, it lets me know of any PMs, & upload pics right from my phone. Picture option is the real plus, my HTC EVO has an 8 Megapixel camera & if I post them via the PC & have to resize them first. Using TapaTalk, it sizes it for me on the fly when I add them to my posts..

It saves me a lot of time... If you need help, let me know.. I can walk you through it.. Just PM me & I'll get you going.. :)

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Ohhh I just have the free one. So I guess that's why I thought it wasn't doing anything even though I downloaded it. I'll PM you tomorrow to ask some more questions! Thanks! :)

8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

Ok I said what the heck and installed the new version. I like some of the new feature, but no FB support as of yet. As for the ads people are complaining about, I don't see any when I'm in the 3reef forum.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

10. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I don't see the extra features.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Never mind..... I think I just spotted them.