Tanked vs. Fish Tank Kings

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Rhameolution, Jun 8, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I am curious what the "Tanked" tanks cost...I wish they would tell that info. These guys are flying all over the place to do quotes, flying to CA to pick up live stock, shipping tanks on dedicated trucks, etc. I bet many of these tanks are 100K plus. Not judging...just really curious is all.

2. Click Here!

3. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I've heard of several of Tanked! tanks that have had crashes from lack of cycle. Dunkin' Donuts was one of them. I wish they would say something about how they're ensuring the health of the livestock.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Interesting that I saw this post because I just happened to watch two episodes of Fish Tank Kings last night. They seem to be less corny and less obviously rehearsed than Tanked. I enjoy both shows but have only seen a few episodes.

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Have any links? I couldn't find a thing on any of their tanks crashing.

6. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I know for a fact that the telephone booth tank with all those yellow tangs ended up on ebay not even six months after the show. I live in near tampa and I seen the planet smoothie tank and the owner said he lost half the fish from either disease or ich(which he knew nothing about). But I believe it was because he was feeding the fish like crazy when i got there and food was still floating minutes later after i got my order. He said he feeds them like that everyday but had a puffer and trigger fish that was skinny also.

I also notice since the new season they have been displaying the product more than before like the Reeflo pumps, the NSW they use to fill the tanks and the Bio sandd(whatever its called) and a guy in out local reef club who works for Next Reef said that they were building their protein skimmers too.

But people should know it doesn't take a day to build a tank no matter what size it is. Like as it was said earlier from previous posts its for entertainment and if they would actually did an episode by episode build they will not be on this long.

And as for the price of the tanks, I was speaking to a whole seller that build tanks for the company that makes the smart UV sterilizers and said that those guys wanted 4-5 times the price for the same tank that the local builder was charging.

Now I haven't seen the episodes of FTK yet this season but I know the fish geek makes me want to pull the hair out of my head and I'm bald. They act when they shouldn't act and when they shouldn't act they act(but that's just my perspective). I will have to DVR to see if they steps up like Tanked did.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I love tanked. Its a show purely based on entertainment purposes only. People need to quit judging there methods and realize there's a lot more going on off air. If you watch an episode of tanked and then think you can build a tank then add livestock that day then please don't ever watch jackass!

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

They should show the tanks one month later...
    With all the dead fish bodies everywhere.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Best response evah!

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

How do you know there tanks aren't thriving? Your another one that probably takes the show to damn serious instead of entertainment! You only SEE what they want you too! There not making millions of dollars by building tanks that last a month. Seriously people, step away from the TV if you can't tell the difference of reality and entertainment!