Urgent Tank temp rising

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by socal86, Jun 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. antole

antole Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I did the clip on $7 fans from walmart and they work great I have them on the same timer as my lights and it never goes over 80 my heaters are set at 78.

2. Click Here!

3. destinationluna

destinationluna Skunk Shrimp

This is why I got a chiller it was fire and forget. Good luck with this problem

4. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

I decided not to purchase a chiller and use that money to buy LED lights. Same effect. I live in Orlando with an indoor temp of 78 and a tank temp of 78-80, never have I seen it go above 80. I run the lights about 11 hours a day.

Now my wife saw a seahorse a couple weeks ago at the LFS. Now she wants me to create a seahorse tank. That will probably force me to buy a chiller. I won't be able to keep a water temp of 72 degrees even with LEDs, fans and icecubes.

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

My room temp was 82 the other day, and the tank was at 80 with the heater and metal halide on ;)

Gotta love a basement sump in the summer;D

6. socal86

socal86 Fire Worm

well i have the AC on and my house never reaches above 74 to 78 degrees in the room my tank never got over 78 before i started running the sump now that i have the sump going my return pump and skimmer have risen the tank to 82 or 84 degrees even with lights off hood open and AC going. the ice bottles even with many doing rotation never keeps my tank down to 80 or lower. i think i will buy a couple fans and try that next.