Tank Temp off my chart

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

So how do you know the thermometer is off. Any massed produced item is going to have an error range including your $25 monitor. All of your thermometers could be wrong. You would need a scientific grade mercury thermometer to know how accurate your thermometers are. The press on ones are affected by the ambient room temperature by the way. You want to have a thermometer in the water to monitor any temperature swings.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

My alcohol thermometer is in the water.(How do I calibrate it?) And I know the stick on ones are affected my fluctuating room temp; that's why they are crap. My digital thermometer has a temp sensor in the water.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Alcohol thermometers don't need to be calibrated. They are also more accurate than any digital thermometer your going to find. Sure they are ugly, but they don't have to be in the tank the hole time ;) I like to keep one just as a reference if something seems off (like in this situation). Stick it in, and 10 minutes later you'll know if its the thermometer or heater.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I was giving him the business on that one. Good see you back Pack

6. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

Buy a floating one and toss it in one of the back chambers. You won't have to look at it unless you want to and it won't get covered in coraline algae.

7. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

We put 2 and 2 together we noticed that The AC was off all day because it broke the house temperature rose to a sticky and annoying temp. so that's why the tank temp was so high.

8. Click Here!

9. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

you wouldnt like my tank since I have seen it get to 82 during the day
    you will be fine, dont freak out or do anything drastic.. the tank will be ok!