Tank raised clown.. anemone???

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by sauce-n-tank, Jul 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sauce-n-tank

sauce-n-tank Feather Duster

Hey i just bought two really nice perculas who where tank bread and or raised. i also have a bubble tip anemone wich used to have a tomatoe clown fish who hosted in it but i got rid of it cause it was too aggressive :-/.. the perculas have not entered the anemone yet any experience with these tank raised fellas:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I had a BTA for 2 months with 2 tank raised ocellaris clownfish, and they never hosted it.
    I tried putting pictures of clowns in anemones up against the tank too, and that didn't seem to work either. Maybe give them more time. They may or may not host it.

4. sauce-n-tank

omg thats the funniest thing ever ill try that picture thing

5. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

you should do! it worked for me! Took a few weeks but my clown started hosting my toadstool eventually!

6. sauce-n-tank

ok that sound good lol. and before when i had my tomatoe cf i put a tank raised percula cause my frend needed me to take care of it and after a few days he tried to go inside the anemone with him till he almost got his head bitten off so ill try the pic thing i guess lol

7. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

Hi,

I have two black and white tank bread clowns and they have only just started to cotton on what the anemone is all about!

Took them three months to get it but got there in the end!

I have tried the picture as i have heard of people who swear by it, my clowns were just scared of the other fish in their domain!

Give it time and it will happen!

Levi.

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

they may they may not it just takes time. id would say they eventually go to it. my TR perculas are trying to host in a condy but i dont know if they will or not though because its not one that they typically host. they swim right around just out of reach of the tenticles, then when it closes up they rub against the base

10. sauce-n-tank

sounds good guys thanks for all the advice and i will try my best to get these little guys adapted :)

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

NEW UPDATE! speak of the devil my one of my clownfish just took to the anemone. if mine take to a condy(one there not even suppose too) id say there a good chance they will use your BTA