Urgent tank crashing hard (pic pg2)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by billielewis3, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

This is not my tank, bit my bosses tank is crashing hard. He has 2clown fish, 1 yellow tang, royal grammar, and one cardinal. Prameters are all ok: 8.2 ph, 0ammo,0nirite,0nitrate. The yellow tang is white, the carnal stopped swimming, and all the fish are showing signs of ich. What should we do??!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

do you have corals?

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

can you set up an emergency hospital tank?

5. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

He only has one small torch coral frag, not to concerned with that. We can lose it if we need too

6. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

I have a 29 gallon hospital tank

7. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

And by hospital tank I mean rubber maid

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

do you have any medication? I'm hoping some of the pro's jump in here! I'd hate to see ya medicate the tank, but if its that bad, ya may have to pull the fish, put them in the hospital tank and medicate there! My tank just went through that too! i pulled the fish that were in dire trouble and left the rest in! I treated with instant ocean lifeguard! The flame angel died, but my yellow tang made it! I then started using herbtana and garlic to keep the fish eating! I was scared for my clownfish for a bit, but they pulled through! The tough call is if to pull the fish, as this adds stress to a diseased fish, but it seems like you're at that point!

10. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

How could we solve this prollem without a hospital tank?

11. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Before we over shoot things, start back small. What is water temp? What are you using for filtration & water circulation. How much are you feeding and when? How much lighting & how long? Yes lighting can play a role in Ich, think of Ich like the flu virus to a human. Its more or less always present, its just a question of what can bring it out. When was the last time ANYTHING (livestock or equipement) was added to the tank & what was it. Do you have any algae blooms or other problems? What are you dosing?

So we need to get a total concept of where you are at. Signs of ich..... such as? Gotta be specific & pictures help a ton in situations like this.

12. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

Its his tank so I cant really be sure, hecalled me freaking out. He bought 2 CARDINALs and the royal grammar on Thursday. The next morning one of his cardinals was dead (looked like it waskilled by the tang) last time I sawthe tank was on Friday after he removed thedead cardinal, and all the fish looked fine and were eating. He uses a coralife protein skimmer, and a fluval fliter with carbon. Lights are on from 10 til 7, temp is 78. Established June, 2011