Tank Brands? A.G.E. or glass cages

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by GoToSleep, Sep 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Anyone have any experience with A.G.E. (Acrylic and Glass Exhibits) tanks? I was looking at GlassCages and they certainly seem to have great prices. Then LFS suggested that GlassCages construction is not the best on the market. LFS mentioned A.G.E. they have hybrid tanks -- glass sides and acrylic base and acrylic top bracing that certainly looks good on the web. I guess the question is should I view my tank as just a glass box and go for the best price or are their other factors (such as?) that might make it smart to invest a little more?

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Yeah on the glasscages thing a LFS here setup a custom 600g in someone's house with one of their tanks and it shattered after 5 weeks then they hassled them on the warranty

I've always heard that glass and acrylic won't truly bond together so I dont know if I'd trust a hybrid tank

Really though the tank for the most part is just a glass box, there is a few differences, I.E. Oceanic tanks today all have starphire front glass with the exception of the bio-cube. I have a DSA tank which has a reinforced overflow that some tanks dont. Just look at some and you can tell the difference between them pretty easily also a big factor in the cost is usually how good their warranty is or isn't

4. jackfrost

jackfrost Plankton

Always stick with the tried and true

AGA.

NON of my AGA tank have leaked in 20 years.