Urgent Tangs have ICH

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Siddique, Nov 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jzenob

jzenob Coral Banded Shrimp

Id say garlic and nori and spectrum thera-A is real good!! I wouldnt put them through any more stress...just do a water change and keep the lights off for a day or so....corals will be fine. but they will fight it off if they are eating....load up on garlic and nori and try new life spectrum thera-A food it has garlic in it and alot of other great thing!!!

2. Click Here!

3. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I don't think a UV sterilizer will do anything for the parasites on the fish. A fresh water bath will kill any external parasites, but won't get to the parasites which have made it under the skin, if any exist there. A FW bath will also stress the fish out.

Maybe the best move is to feed and wait it out. If and when the fish appear like they can't make it much longer, would be a better time to consider more stressful interventions.

4. veosk

veosk Plankton

I read on reef central where a member added ginger to the food along w/ garlic and with in days the ich was gone. there was a heated debate between members. long story short he got another sick tang treated it and in 3 days ich free and ich free for weeks after.

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm gonna do the nori in garlic in the morning and I'm gonna get the thera+A. What would the lights off do?

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Lights off has something to do with keeping the stress of the fish down I believe, and the cycle of the parasites life, I believe it speeds it up... if Im not mistaking.

7. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I will still get the UV for future incidents.
    I will feed properly and wait it out and pray and hope for the best and PRAY.
    I'm hoping for no drastic interventions. I'm really praying.

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

This is the first that I've heard of ginger but if I get some feedback on using it here, I'd definitely give it a shot.

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Lights off tomorrow for sure. Thanks