Tang with white stuff above eye?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by familiar1985, Jan 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. familiar1985

familiar1985 Bristle Worm

Iv been treating my pacific blue and Powder blue tang with cupramine for 10 days. Now i see some kind of white stuff above the Pacific blue tang's eye. The ick has been gone for 7 days. It has been hard to keep ammonia down in the tank while treating with cupramine so i have been doing 25% water changes every other day. Maybe if i made the water changes every day he wouldn't have gotten sick. The powder blue is fine tho. What can the white stuff above the eye be?

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

a fungal infection maybe

4. familiar1985

familiar1985 Bristle Worm

what is the best treatment?

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

good water quality and you can try melafix

6. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

honestly to me, i think the best way to treat ich is to do it naturally.. people tend to stress and jump on treating the fish because they think it's best for the fish to get rid of the ich as soon as possible.. sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.. treating the fish possibly stresses out the fish even more and that causes a potential fish loss.. just keep your water parameters up to par, feed them a wide variety of diet (brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, veggie flake) give them enough protein and veggies and they will do just fine.. i have never treated for ich, failed only once with a fish and all my other fish have made it fine without any treatments.. good luck, i hope your fish pulls through for you.

7. surfnthreef

surfnthreef Flamingo Tongue

My Coral Beauty recently developed a nasty white hole above his eye. I don't see any other white spots on his body. Is this considered ich?